3.31.2005

Signs of Faith

The Terri Shiavo situation has come to a sad end. My heart aches for the family. All the family.

cases like this have been going on for a while. This one has made national headlines, so all the "faithful Ones" have come from every corner of our great land.

each time a news up date comes on the TV, we see them. Signs of faith. A few that really represented the faith...,

"Barbara, Are you proud of your sons now?
"George Bush, Stop killing Terri"
Thanks for the memories Jeb...
judgment is coming George
Jesus does not want Terri to die

they all come out of the woodwork when their cause gets noticed. The funny thing is, they all claim to be followers of Jesus. I watched the other day and while they were praying, one was holding up a sign that said...God hates murderers.

at some point, before all the National folks showed up, before Jesse Jackson showed up, before the parents let their kids get arrested, before one guy who was being arrested told the officers to "get right with God and give Terri a drink of water", before all that...This was about a woman named Terri.

but like with most things, she got lost in the agenda. The life agenda. The death agenda.

reminds me of how the church got lost in the agenda. The music agenda, the money agenda, the program agenda, the ministry agenda, the contemporary and traditional agenda, the clothing agenda, the language, and the mega agenda. In all the madness of us all holding up our signs, we forgot about Jesus and His agenda.

what is His agenda? People.

he did not ask them to bathe before He loved them...Did not ask them to change their language...Did not ask them to join a church, did not ask them what kind of music they liked...So why are these things so important to us???

we changed the agenda from people to stuff. We use people to justify our agenda.

no? Tell me how many folks you have told what Jesus is doing in your life? How many did you tell about Jesus? How many folks did you dog out cause they do not think or talk like you?

hold that sign up a little higher...That's it...Nice and high. We may be able to see it on camera...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoa...how much did you pay for the extra large chip on your shoulder, eh? how does dogging the vipers make you different from them? seems Christ was the only one qualified to do that. people with chips on their shoulders should step carefully....living in glass houses and all

Anonymous said...

Like the Ozz-man...

Anonymous said...

Go me...I'm so clever.

Remnant Sons MC said...

hold that sign up a little higher...yea the pharasee sign. you wear it well.

Anonymous said...

Like a loose dress...and high heels...eyeliner...lipstick...press-on nails...you get where I'm going with this...

Anonymous said...

blogs....for the pissed off man...why dontcha punch a wall nstead?

Anonymous said...

okay archbishop....your a big man...tough for me to "sack up" since i'm old lady from the great white north....betcha kick dogs and take ice cream away from little kids too....did dropping the f-bomb give you a charge? i posted only the original anonymous on this post...you're all losers...call your mothers and apologize

Remnant Sons MC said...

I do not mind the debates, nor do I mind the hidden ones posting and commenting on the content of the blog. however, it seems as though content does not matter.

legalists often hide behind rules and fear.

it would be my hope that we could dialogue about reaching lost people, freedom in Christ, and reaching the unreached. living in daily incarnation.

however, it seems as though the desire is not to dialogue, but to hide and throw stones of religion.

sign in and bring it. I have been dealing with the hidden for long enough to know that it is not content but fear that drives folks who hide. fear of being uncovered as a fake, as a non player. a career rock thrower. a pew sitter.

I too was like that. join me on the other side. where freedom and not fear rains down on us.

lee said...

this whole thing has been surreal...i can't get the image of the woman with the cup of water on top of her bible heading into the arms of the police, all the while on camera...or how 'bout the 'i thirst' poster w/terri & Christ side by side...i just don't get it...to get totally consumed by our own agenda that Jesus is nothing but a mouthpiece for it...i've never been on camera as such, but i don't think that i can honestly say that i've not done the same...in my own ways...

lee said...

I do hope that anonymous will soon decide to spend some time reaching out to those in need. I feel these constant post are wasting time trying to put others who truely are following Christ and their convictions in their place. It is unfortunate and sad to see such a display. I hope that they will really think about how they are sounding and I hope they turn their attention to a neighbor that may not know Christ instead of beating down those who are seeking after Him with all that they are.

sheri-baby said...

I am so sad to see how this has gotten out of control. Jeff has such a heart for people and he truly has never judged anyone. He comments on what he sees and how it looks to those we are trying to reach.

As for the signs people were holding. . .could they have been anymore hurtful? Jesus would NEVER have stood anywhere with signs such as we saw plastered all over the screens.

My heart breaks for everyone in this family. They each wanted what was best for Terri. I do not believe either wanted evil for her or any more pain. I am sure the other families in similar situations in this hospice were extremely hurt by all of this, as I have been in this same situation, it is such a difficult time and a very hard decision to have to make either way. And then to have to come and go seeing these mean signs. . .and hearing the insults hurled as they were, while holding Bibles up and praying. I am sure there were people there with pure hearts . . .but unfortunatly they were grouped in with the loud and mean poeple.

All of you need to calm down and get a grip! (I will put my 'MOM' hat on.) or grow up. . . in whichever group you find yourself. . .let me ask you one question. . .how have you shown Christ's love through what you posted?

Remnant Sons MC said...

I admit I judged you...just as you have me.

My name is Jeff. I havetrouble not judging folks who throw darts and hide.

that is the motive I have judged. wrong? yes.

done? yes.

Anonymous said...

Jeff this is your Mom, and this is my first time reading this. I feel anger and resentment against people who do not know you like I do.Then I have to remember every one has a right to their own way of thinking I have watched over the years and saw how God has molded you and made you what you are today. I like Sheri would not change anything. Is my son perfect? No but he is saved by grace that comes from the Son. If you are one of the people who Jeff has hurt, please have the courage to call him and talk to him. He is my son whom I love with all my heart. Has he hurt me? You betcha, do Ilove him less.No way. He is my light in a dark storm and he knows when to make me laugh. God has given him such a sence of humor. So please think about what you say. a mother hates to hear someone running her son down. Ilove you all anyway.