3.16.2005

Gladiator, Testosterone and Christianity.

Saw Gladiator last night.
I love the opening battle scene. "What we do in life, echoes in eternity." Maximus

I thought about what Jesus one said...Matt 11:12
12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force."

I wonder sometimes if we spend to much time trying to make Jesus cool. I wonder sometimes if we spend to much time trying to make church a cool place. I wonder sometimes if we spend to much time setting up a buffet for people to choose from, and continuing this consumer mentality.

we certainly cannot beat people into the Kingdom of God. So could it be that it is our attitude that must be like that of a warrior? Maybe we are to fight for those we share with...Never giving in, never quitting, always looking to infiltrate the enemy camp, always willing to cross enemy line with the hope of being able to save just one.

Testosterone and Christianity.

fighting for what we know to be true. Not begging, not mamby pamby actions. But actions that show others we are their to rescue them from the "domain of darkness."

My son is in Iraq. Separated from his wife and son for a cause. Whether or not you agree with the cause does not matter. He does. And he is willing to lay his life on the line because he does. As he once told me, "I am a Marine dad. That is what I do."

can we as believers be no less willing to lay our lives on the line? For freedom from sin and eternal life with Jesus? How can we sit by and not understand that the wrath of God will manifest against all evil and wickedness?

the good news is the one we are being saved from, God himself, actually saves us. Saved from God by God, for God.

I pray my attitude towards those who are deceived by the evil one, those who are in need of salvation, would be as though my own family...And I would be willing to fight for them. The cool thing is, the battle is won. We just need to tell every one the victory has been won...At the cross.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

plagarism is like stealing....it should not appeal to Christians

Remnant Sons MC said...

yes... you are right. It certainly is not my intention to plagarize anyone...mind telling me what you believe to be stolen?

cause if I did it, it certainly was not my intent.

but thank you for pointing out a mistake...