2.15.2005

Putting the "fun" back in disfunctional

OK. I admit it. Most of my rants and raves have been a product of my disfunctionalness. Although there have been many things and people who have contributed to my current state, all the blame lays at my feet. The rebel. With or without a cause, you can count on me to be your guy to rebel against the status quo.

"We are half hearted creatures, fooling around with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered." C.S. Lewis

Over the next few days, I will begin to decompress from my rebellion and take a serious look at my own walk. There a thought.

first off. I take myself way to seriously. Time to relax and enjoy Jesus. In the midst of my son going off to war, can we as parents actually rest in the joy that is our Savior? I hope so. It is, after all, all we have.

living in rebellion takes a lot away from you. It takes the joy of life. It takes away the joy of discovery. It takes calmness. It takes time. To much time. I am officially resigning from the "everyone is retarded and I am right" club that was started by me out of anger at a few folks who I worked for a couple of years ago.

if we cannot live with Joy because of who we are in Jesus, we are to be pitied above all people. We have more stuff than any people group in the world. Yet, we are more anxious and more stressed out than any people on earth. I speak from first hand experience.

I am weary of fighting a battle that was never meant to be fought. If we are truly seekers of Christ and His ways, then the pressure is off us and on Him. I need to be obedient, have Faith, enjoy the ride. Live life. Love my family. Pursue infinite joy. I am weary of dabbling at stuff. I want adventure, joy, longing, intimacy, love, excitement. All these can be found at the feet of Jesus.

sounds like a plan.

1 comment:

lee said...

oh if it were that easy...

for me, cynicism has proven to be real mutha'...

just as soon as i feel like i'm breakin' free, she drags me back down...