2.04.2005

Why? Because we can

As it stands, we have met in out current format for a month. It has been cool to preach again, I really missed it. I feel complete when Jesus gives opportunity to do so.

going from home study to an actual weekly service was met with great expectation and much fanfare. Started with t big band and it was a night of celebration. 45 people were saved, another 36 re-dedicated their lives to Jesus...Not really. There was only 20 of us there. But it was a good night.

since that first night, I have struggled. There was some unconfessed sin, and that was dealt with, but there has been an uneasiness in my spirit. I had mentioned it one night to the folks, but it seemed as though I was being overly sensitive, so I figured I just need to relax. But the uneasiness never left.



2 days ago it hit me like a ton of bricks. We had started out with a vision. A vision that excited every one involved. It was what had brought us together.

when we do not stand guard with much discipline the direction of our vision, it can easily begin to slowly ease back to what you know. In this case what I know is not such a bad thing. After all, Jesus Himself blesses that thought process every day. The problem is this. Why leave if you are going to do the same thing? Why give your life to something if it is the same as what you have left? Why leave a fat job with a fat salary with benefits and retirement for the same thing?

so. We coasted back to where we were. And we knew it, but did not recognize it till a couple of us began to discuss it.

now we are going back to the vision. Why? Cause we can. And because it is where Jesus want us to be. Here is the plan.

we are going to take over our city. Small house churches networked together with similar thoughts and desires, meeting needs and displaying the image of Jesus. We will gather together each month rather than each week to Celebrate. Our desire is to infiltrate the culture. Rather than stand out from them and yell at their sin, we believe we need to meet them where they are. Meet their needs, as we can, and build relationships and share Jesus. Simple. No play book, no manual, no building, no overhead, nothing but Jesus. kinda like "naked Church." developing a community of faith through love and good deeds.

this whole Acts thing can really mess a brother up...

why? why not?

3 comments:

Josh said...

You are a man much braver than I. I will definitely be praying for you, for all of you, as you move far out of any comfort zone seeking after Christ. Keep the faith, brother. God has something big in store.

Panmillennial said...

Keep fighting the good fight my brother! I am praying for you and enjoy hearing God working in you and others. I am so glad we serve a longsuffering Savior who keeps allowing us to come back to the plan. It is a comfort to know that we can't screw it up enough for Him to be stiffled. His plan will always prosper! God Bless You.

Pan

lee said...

we're just about ready to begin the pace branch...let me know when/how...

He's making all things new...