9.08.2007

a day in the life



"now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field that the Lord God had made. and he said to the woman, indeed, has God said...?"


lately, my time in the word has been so fulfilling, it is a time I look forward to even the night before. our great God has poured himself into and on me in ways that have been almost overwhelming. even in areas that would seem boring or tedious, the Spirit has prodded me to push on and the reward has been sweet time of fellowship and joy.


today, i got up late. had an early meeting and did not get to my time with the Father at my usual time. I rushed out the door and headed to met a friend. ate breakfast, went for a ride and headed home.


all the while there was something missing. could not put my finger on it. just a gnawing, a feeling.


got home and realized what it was. had missed my time in the Word.


now. let me say this. I am certainly not a bible nazi. it is not my assertion that one should spend everyday all day submersed in scripture.


i will say that for me, and my relationship, God has led me to a new place and the means of this, the catalyst of this special time has been the "sacred text." in the bible we find Him, his love, his wrath, his mercy, his forgiveness, his greatness, his other thaness, his wonder, his plan, his son, his beauty, his protection, his help, his encouragement, his purpose, his help, his spirit, his work, his love, his world.


while some talk about what they think they know about the word, all i need to know is in the word. some talk about what it is not, i prefer to discuss what it is.


as for me and my deal with my God, he has chosen to use His word to lift me to Him, girded by His spirit and Son.


and for that, my day starts out at 6am filled with anticipation over the content in my bible. i am eternally thankful.

No comments: