3.02.2007

What the freak?

each day is pretty much the same for me. more than not it begins with several chapers in the Parchments and prayer, then an hour of news and several cups o joe.

today was backward. started with the news.

for the first time in a long while I was overcome by hopelessness and pain for the world we live in. death by tornado, bus crash, shootings, bank robbers, can some one please bury that poor sad woman?

Sheri leaves for her walk and I open the word and emotion rushes from the deep place I try and keep it locked in. tears flow over my copy of the text and I am overwhelmed at what seems to be a hopeless culture where daily life is trumped by tragic life and tragic death...especially young people.

as I try and bring in the focus to my spere, It seems even more difficult.

what is man that you would be mindful of him?

how can i lead this people?

mine enemy is on all sides seeking to hem me in.

no relief, no comfort, no easy and reassuring pat on the back.

the world is dieing. people are with out hope. children are being sacrificed and parents are turning their eyes away. darkness seems to abound. it is what it is.

but all is not lost.

Do not fear. for I have over come the world.

all is not lost.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Thank God....all is not lost...Thank God He can do what I can't even imagine...Thank God He's in charge and I'm not......