3.07.2007

today is her birthday


I like the way she looks at me.

it has not always been as pleasant as it is now. we have had to be reminded of the treasure that is our marriage. we have had to bare knuckle fight for what we have. there are scars and weary miles. recent realities have caused us to look hard into the soul of our marriage. we may have not liked everything we saw, i liked it when she looked at me.

she is a true beauty.
the type of beauty that lights up a room.

I like to rub her wrist as she looks at me.

she is as tough as nails. it comes with living with an ass like me.

she is tender and compassionate in ways that are foreign to me.

her heart is orginal servant passed down from one who knows service.

she is original...primal...hard core.

i like the way she smells.


today is her birthday.

and while our marriage has not been at all easy on occasions, it certainly is not for wussies, she is my wife.

today is her birthday.

happy birthday baby. I am utterly devoted to you.

3 comments:

Panmillennial said...

You guys both ispire me. Congrats to you Jeff. I know what a blessing it is to have a wonderful wife. Tell Sheri we love her and Happy Birthday!

Gigi said...

She is gorgeous!! you are a blessed man!

sheri-baby said...

My life is better having YOU a part of it! I want to grow old with you. . .I love you!