3.12.2007

livin some one elses dream...


went for a ride yesterday. and the day before. and again today. when the sun shines...i ride. when it is cloudy, i ride.
but alas...i digress.
something happens to my soul when i ride. freedom, excitement, giddyness. there is no other activity i am involved in that stimulates all my senses like this...well maybe just one. after all, I am not an idiot.
I am behind some traffic and begin to pull out to pass. up to about 90 or so when i notice a thumbs up sign from a bmw I pass.
I look over and see the same look i had last year. i remember all the years of want and desire of riding and realized that i had become what i dreamed of for so long. now i was the guy who was living anothers dream.
now when i hear the rumble of the pipes, it is not a want but an understanding.
i looked again and saw a smile on the guys face as he showed me the thumbs up. i looked at him and thought "yea, I know. and yes, it is as good as you think."
lost in that moment and well over 100 mph i realize just for a moment that god has blessed me with a gift. an answer to a long prayer.
some would say what ever. but i say every good thing comes from above.
so today, i revel in his gifts. and i thank him for the opportunity to see his creation with 2 fists in the wind.
“Make friends for yourselves with unrighteous mammon that they might receive you into eternal habitations.”
funny. something i always wanted, can be used for reaching others.
is this some one elses dream...or mine?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

me and little miss ava can't wait to come down and see you and mom next week! I love you!

Gigi said...

We rode to Iowa this weekend...told ourselves we 'might' be a little crazy...but I think a 'little' crazy may be good.....