10.28.2007

say anything


for the last 12 plus years, i have had the privilege of speaking to teens at least once, many times twice a week from the sacred scriptures. it has been my privilege, my honor, my passion, my fear. seldom have i been more than 7 days with out preaching.
it has been 3 weeks.
3 weeks .
it is not as though there is nothing happening in my relationship with my father. freshness abounds and love pours down each morning. the longing to be in His presence consumes me each day and my time is spent listening and learning, waiting and asking.
but nothing has carried over from my daily worship time to my current vocation as a student ministry pastor.
there has never been something so perplexing, something so unwelcome, so silent in my ministry as this.
deafening silence.

No comments: