10.16.2007

the ride home


finished up the road trip where my ministry started. after a few days with the daughter and her family, precious time with the granddaughter, made it over to P-Cola for a quick visit.
spent the day with a brother i have been in contact with for several years, but had not met till Sat. a day of chillin, wings and family time. time well spent.
before heading home, went back to where it all started. what a welcome!. i felt like a rock star as people greeted me. smiles and genuine concern over current situations, and enjoyment over memories. it was good to be there. it seemed like home. spirit filled worship and preaching was good to be part of.
as i leathered up for the ride home, several things came to mind.
i am captivated by Jesus Christ. his will is my desire, his life is my pursuit, his pleasure is my satisfaction.
my family is a joy to me. grand kids are more than i expected. grown kids are special, they are happy, it makes me happy. if i die tonight, my life has been full.
however...
there is much to be done. the stew that cooks now is almost done.
tweaking is coming. change is part of the process.
the event and ministry will be bigger than i had imagined.
man i missed my wife.
i, we, must remain diligent over the small things.
my prayers for L over the months, seems to be developing into a journey.
how cool is it that God uses people we never met to help us, confirm, and encourage.
life is wonderful, difficult, treacherous, painful and worth it.
2 fisted prayer in cool weather, makin my way back home. people responding to what i have on my back. Jesus is moving and i want to be in on it.
back home. great week, great ride, great questions, great answers.
seeds planted, relationships renewed, and direction given...
nice. really nice.

No comments: