12.14.2004

Well drinks...2 for 1

Well drinks...2 for 1
discovery is an awesome thing. we seldom get excited about the uncovering of a truth long hidden by the veil of self righteousness. I find myself drinking much at the well today. Jesus has fixed my buckett that I may draw from the refreshing spring that is His word.

The Primal Jesus I am seeing is much different than the one I had created for myself. the Warrior and the King. the Lion and the Lamb. both mighty, both gentle. all loving and all glorious. I am learning to love this Jesus with more passion and fervor. it is personal now.

but through the joy of discovery comes the pain of realization. the realization of misrepresentation of who He really is. for years as a so called "youth minister" I helped to perpetuate the myth that has become the American dream. meaning that we have got it in our minds that Jesus love America more than say Sudan. after all, we are blessed, they are not. and really, 9/11 was simply a day when God withdrew His hand of protection from us cause we are flirting with other gods.

BULL CRAP!

The very fact that Jesus spent more time with the poor and dejected of society and less time with the religious must be a hint for us. the fact that we have built huge castles for our worship and gathered unto ourselves lands and furnishings as a sign of Gods blessings shows us one thing...we have come to believe that we are Gods favorite. as one bumper sticker read..."Jesus loves you, but I am His favorite."

we have become drunk with our own piety and sucess. and we are misrepresenting God in the process. Mission endevors become little more than attempts to offer to God our good works rather than show People who Jesus is.


"The Church is a whore and it is my mother." St. Augustine

with all her problems and shortcomings she is my mother. and my heart breaks when she runs off after the next pretty smile, the next political thought, the next program, the next compromise, the next what ever.

Oh that we would be faithful unto He that has saved us

No comments: