12.15.2004

Darkness Abounds

discouragement has covered me like a heavy blanket. sometimes the heaviness of it is suffocating.

prayer seems like bricks falling from my mouth building walls of seperation between me and my Love. longing for His touch and embrace.

emotion is a very dangerous lover. she prods and pokes at goodness and happiness to draw me in to her trap. all at once she turns on me like an enemy crouching at the door.

Tozer calls this the "dark night of the soul." funny how these times drain me from all joy and contentment. the situation looms large, but is not that big. rest and patience are words of direction but...we all know that word...but.

In my seemingly state of desperation I call out to the Deliverer. seeking once again to be rescued from self.

today, I would lay my self on the Altar and be consumed by Jesus, ro be completely and consumed by my God. may all that remains is a desire to die again. die to self.

Death to the tyrant! Long live the King.

No comments: