5.27.2007

day at disney and pirate wood

after spewing bile from the depths of my frustration last week, it was a pleasure to spend the day with my son and his family for the big 3rd birthday celebration of my grandson jackson. it had been a while since i have been to dinsey, and quite honestly, had reservations about how things would go.

most people start out well at those places, then after bout an hour, things seem to go awry. such was the case with us. from the begining of the day till the time we left it was most pleasant and enjoyable.

watching the wonder in the eyes of a 3 year old is something i would suggest everyone do. there is a beauty inside the soul of a child as they see things for the first time.

my son and his wife have become wonderful parents. it is a pleasure to see them interact with their son.

the most interesting ride of the day had to be the pirate ride. it was all going quite well till the end. i look up at the trio of sea going outlaws as they played the old pirates life for me bit, and was taken aback by what was seemingly staring me in the face. the guitar playing pirate was sporting a bit of pirate wood. not sure i know what else to say about that.

i am continually amazed at how both my kids have grown into wonderful people. expectations of how parents will fit into the whole picture after marriage are often difficult at best. but after a while, after a bit of re thinking, things seem to settle into the way they will be.

as i get older i realize that family means more to me than it did in my 20's. it is a trip we all have to make. the trouble is no one listens till they have to make it.

i have learned several things about my kids. they are different. they change even now every few years. they will be great parents and learn the way we did...by doing.

i have learned something about my self...i want many grandkids. and i am not at all interested in the pirate life anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to take special note of the guitar playing pirate next time we go.....you know how those guitar players can be....