5.12.2007

the end, newness and a tribute

sometimes things happen that catch us by suprise. things are said at the right time, a look is given and a realization comes that this may be a new direction.

I have been married for 26 years.

i am no longer in love with the woman i married. over the years, she became some one else, i became someone else. it has been difficult to try and keep returning to that one place in life when it was her i married. that was then, this is now.

i cant really say when it happened, i guess it does not matter. somewhere along the line, things changed. we evolved into different people.

what has happened that give me great hope for the future is a newness. it all started with a glimpse, a smile. it was innocent enough at first, but quickly turned into something more serious. call it a mid life crisis, call it weird, call it what ever you like. it is my life and i will do as i please.

we are madly in live with each other.

she gives me that giddy feeling when i see her. the smell of her hair when she is close drives me crazy, her smile is meant for me alone. she has had life experience that brings conversation that is intriuging. she dreams big and has purpose in her eyes.

she is not the same person i married. she has grown into a woman of deep faith and honor. she is loyal and energetic. she is beautiful and wholesome. she is sexy and crazy. she meets my every need. she is truly my helper in life.

she has endured pain and frustration, anger and fear. stepped out in faith and soared in freedom.

she is the mother of 2 grown kids and 2 grandkids. she led them both to faith in christ. they know who she is and understand her love for them. if they could tap into just a portion of her love she has shown to her husband, and apply it to their spouse, their lives would be amazing.

she is strong and gentle. she is sure of her abilities, yet shy in situations. she looks at me and and i know she will always support me.

she is not the woman i married. she is so much more.

happy mothers day baby...

i am madly in love with you. because of you, i am a better man. because of you, this world is a better place. because of you, i have been able to experience love i did not know existed.

now a few words from her kids...

What can I say about my mom? She’s the sweetest person I have ever known. She’s kind, caring, and loves her family more than anything in the world. She’s one of my best friends. We tell each other practically everything. If I’ve ever needed something, she’s always been there for me. She’s been an incredible “Nannie” to my nephew Jackson and I know that she will be to my little girl when she gets here! My mom is a person who loves God with all her heart. She’s a prayer warrior. She’s come through so much in her life by purely trusting God alone. I think that He has blessed that loyalty and made her a deliriously happy person. I love my mom so much and I couldn’t imagine my life without her. She deserves more than just one day to celebrate her incredible “motherness.” Happy Mother’s Day, Momma! I miss you and can’t wait to see you!

Linsey


My mother is loving, caring and hospitable. She is always thinking of others before herself. She has had to deal with a lot over the years, and she should be given a medal for handling everything in life the way she has. I definitely didn't make it easy on her when I was growing up, but she has always loved me for who I am. She has always been the one I can talk to when things go wrong, and she lovingly tells me the truth. She truly cares about everyone around her and shows that in every way she can. My mother's great and I love her with all of my heart. Happy Mother's Day Momma. TJ

1 comment:

sheri-baby said...

You are the best! I love all 7 of you. . .

Jeff, my best friend. I am like this because of you! You make me a better person!

TJ, the son I am so proud of! You have always been a joy to my heart!

Tara, My precious daughter-in-law, You are such a treasure!

Linsey, You are more than a daughter you are my dearest friend! I love your heart!

Keith, I am growing to love you more and more as I watch you with my duaghter and soon to be granddaughter! You are so special to me!

Jackson, My heart overflows with joy when I hear your voice or see your sweet face! I Love being your Nannie!

Sweet Ava, I cannot wait to hold you! I have not even seen you yet, and you have captured my heart!

God has blessed me beyond measure! My cup truly overflows!