5.16.2008

a moment of reality





over the last few weeks, God has allowed me to see some breathtaking scenery, had a flat tire in the desert town of Kingman,

i have met a big game hunter, been hit on, met some guys like me who were on a tour, shared the gospel with 4 people and made some new friends.


it is because of my relationship with my brother Pat, who i have nicknamed primal pat (more on my time with him later), that i write these things this morning.


i have realized i am a people person. i thrive on relationships that have their base in God. living in community is addicting. when i don't have it, i go into withdrawals.


although I am in daily communion with my God, sweet communication with Him has been great. but the only meaningful communication i have had (other than my daily talks with my wife via cell phone) has been with pat.


i have learned the importance of being there. and what i thought was there is not there. people i thought were there are not there.


i have come to realize that what i seek through this primal journey exists in small pockets in various places and thrives because it is worked hard at. not allowing one to breeze through life with out having connected with another soul.


i wake each day alone. yearning for my wife.


yet, i long for a group of men to share the primal with. accountability, not fake accountability, but closet inspections, knowing they are there. really there. committed to the process, time and the end result. Christ likeness.


today i will cross the Rockies. as i pray and replay my conversations with primal pat, the same stirring will rise as it did yesterday...


we are not meant to close ourselves off, even with just our wives. but we were created to walk the road with a community of people who know us and love us and who are willing and invited to expose bad choices in our lives, bad attitudes, and slothful pursuit of god.


i have come close a couple times.


and god willing...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy that you can take this journey. I look foward to seeing how God is going to use you with this new mission field. As always bro know that you and your family are being prayed for.

Jonathan

sheri-baby said...

Jackson says "Hi PopPop!" He was watching your video with me. . .