5.08.2008

from the road 1

thoughts from the road...

5000 miles since April 1.

the trip started out with big time spiritual implications. expectations to scatter seed and meet folks. while that is still the desire, i am learning much about theory and reality.

what i mean is this...the first 2 days, i was so excited to be on the trip, i rode all day. got gas and rode. taking it all in. trying to calm myself to the fact that i really am going to Cali on my bike.

last night i crashed. crashed and woke up stiff.

today i spent the day in Texas. beautiful. 20-30 mph wind in my face all day. tonight i am in Amarillo Texas. getting the bike serviced tomorrow then off to New Mexico.

my mind was filled with much today. much of my thoughts were directed on abiding in Him. resting in Him. Being in Him. attacks from my past were frequent today, but i reminded them that they were dealt with. the sentence was handed out and freedom was given.

funny. much of my life i have tried to run away from attacks, hide or just give in. today, i stood firm, submitted myself to God, resisited and reminded the evil one he was defeated and he fled. imagine that.

i am tired.

i am lonely.

i miss my wife.

3 weeks till we see each other again.

i hit mountains tomorrow. looking forward to that.

till then, i rest, abide and remember. remember her smile, her touch, her hair, the way she smells, the way she looks at me. her eyes.

tomorrow night i will clear my mind of all the implications of traveling and listening...come on back.

3 comments:

sheri-baby said...

I miss you too! Anticipate your return! And the tales of the journey you are having! I love you! I am with you in spirit! But mostly. . .God is with you. . .

Anonymous said...

tonight, i'll finally get to meet her; the one that makes your heart go pitter pat. can hardly wait. -l

Anonymous said...

Prayed for you today, nothing specific, mostly things like safety and sensitivity and for faith showing itself in love.

Ride On
John