5.18.2008

catching up from the road

i am east of nashville tonight. my butt is tired but the ride has been great.

wanted to catch you up on a few things.

here is what i learned about life and faith from my primal friend Pat Baginski and his family.

theology is great, and i like to talk about it and dialogue over it. but when it comes to knowing the heart of your brother...it dont matter.

being there is important. more important that i realized.

knowing there is a brother there...always there, committed to being there gives a rest most do not know.

for the first time, i was envious of a fathers relationship with his kids. i love my grown kids, and i believe they love me. but i started late teaching them the honor and love of the Lord, and the passion of my life has not been passed on. they love God, but it has not yet become who they are...it is what they do. i pray daily He will change that.

family is important, but actually extends to brothers and sisters in Christ. that is going to change for me.

Pat was primal before i knew what the word really meant.

it seems as though we have been friends for years.

an open and honest heart is far more valuable than we realize and when we live in that place we become part of true community. not just a gathering, but part.

i am more excited than ever about seeking and knowing my God.

i will see my wife in 2 days.

more tommorrow night...

enjoy the video


No comments: