2.28.2007

sometimes...I think


there is a zone we find ourselves in.


last week, I went on a 5 day fast. sweet times in prayer and preaching. had the blessing to speak to 400 kids twice over the weekend. the Spirit was thick like a cloud. it was like i was standing beside myself hearing someone else speak. often times I find i am most excited about Jesus when i am speaking. such was the case here.


tonight, I thought I would have some of that left over. not


my prep was not honoring to Him. it was like i was walking in chest deep mud. nothing connected. I could have built a dog house with the bricks that left my mouth and hit the floor.


fruit of the spirit is not meant to be canned, or frozen for use another day.


prep for a word from him must be taken not from an overflow but fresh from the well.


sometimes...I think.


I wonder why it is so easy for me to be a slacker.

I think my efforts are that...my efforts.

laziness is a drug that I inhale and wheeze from its toxicity.

pride lifts me up and I like how it feels. at least on the way up. not much for the trip down.

the sorrow of self satisfaction sends me to a bitter pool and I am seemingly forced to drink till I am ill. then I look around and no one is there.

I am most afraid of being typical.

being ineffective for the kingdom scares me more than cancer.

I settle for leftovers when a fresh meal is right in front of me.


I repent.


sometimes.

2 comments:

Gigi said...

deep and raw.....I will be reading this over and over.....each piece hitting a raw spot in me or maybe it's not yet raw and open and just tender and ready to be....just deep and raw...thanks

~pen~ said...

i think this is an amazing post, because of its raw honesty. you are at least looking inward and seeing those things which feel so disconnected and wanting to make changes.

or not.

at least you acknowledge them. how many of us traipse through this life and think "that sucked" and move on?

(have you ever been faced with cancer? it's a scary proposition, dear one; not that i don't fear being ineffective for the Kingdom, but man, facing cancer is pretty frightening too........)