2.17.2007

emerging from emergence

whispers from deep that call me back.
back from the journey towards newness.
an off ramp taken
a flashy sign. attention...go here.
what seemed new was shallow and without depth.

the journey seemed all laid out for me in the begining. simple, full of life and hope. the vehicle was used but in decent shape. a hand me down but it had proven faithful and up for any task.

for some reason distractions came from others who had traded up, as it seemed, to a sleeker, more refined model. nice paint, nice tunes, nice interior. and people noticed. it felt good, like this is how it was meant to be.

the old one was parked. gathered dust but always worked. turns out the upgrade was not up for the long haul. it took more to operate than before and while pleasing to look at, there was no juice. not used to dirt roads and rough terrain, the exact thing that was needed.

not every one lives on a paved road.

back on the narrow road again. weary, dis-allusioned and gun shy. still trying to get my bearings. wasted time, effort and energy on the exit that really never went anywhere. the seat has the familiar comfort of belonging, classic, or even original. not restored but original.

the wears I was told I needed for the upgrade are not needed, no particular look is needed, no slang, no disdain for those who came before. only simplicity.

the heaviness of reality peirces my soul. not from a friend that I have missed, but the life giver and sustainer.

no need to search for what others are doing, although the story of Him encourages, but complete focus on my part in my place in my world for his glory. titles that wink and call me away have wasted time and passion. for him and him alone do I cry, for his way and his method and his purpose.

this thought came from another...this one has a place at the table. living and working on the otherside of the narrow gate. for when we go through the gate, the journey is not over.

I feel like a need a cleansing form the mediocre, skin peeled back to get to the original flesh, original glory.

3 comments:

Gigi said...

but complete focus on my part in my place in my world for his glory.

the whole thing...but this sentence here speaks volumes.....praying for all of us to......just praying

rebecca said...

This is very good....

When I read this I saw the church and what we have done to her upgraded, made her smooth and sleek when all the while she is radiant in her simplicity like the bride described in the Song of Songs.

becky

Anonymous said...

how wonderful it is to be a follower of the true jesus! to be able to read and know MORE than just what the bible teaches! to know the works that he himself wrote with his own two hands! this jesus blows the jesus of the bible out of the water!