2.15.2007

innocence lost

The prince of the kingdom has blessed us for the past week with his presence. life as i know it stops when he is in town. grandkids are more than.

I watch him each day as he bounces from thought to thought, toy to toy, smile to smile. he is so what I miss.

I think we lose so much as we grow older.

we spend a life time trying to become more independent. funny though, at the begining and at the end, we are more dependant on others. we can't do for ourselves as children, so parents do. we can do for ourselves when we become old and invalid, so kids do...hopefully. all the while God desires us to trust him, lean on him, learn from him.

he already wants to do for himself. i find myself wanting to do more for him just to be close to him. he's not having any of that though. I really want him to want to be with us. and he does. he has not cried once for mom and dad in 7 days. 2 1/2 years old.

we love him so. ask for him to be the one. the one who changes things. the one whose life is fully devoted to the Lord.

sounds like my father.

I spend more time than I should thinking about what is not rather than what is. theory rather than reality.

we have the opportunity to be fed from the riches of his storehouse each day, yet we strive over what we have no control over.

we are blessed with intimacy in the throne room, yet we often look for new ways, new books, new thoughts about ancient realities that seldom need "newness."

I belive part of why Eve was so easily lied to, was Adam's shirking his responsibility to convey the wonder of such a sweet relationship.

yet...all is not lost.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Grandkids they teach us much......enjoy