1.04.2007

"You don't know Me like that..."

My mind is begining to hunger for something more than the trivial lip service about culture and making people feel good about their sin.

I picked up A.W.Pinks "Attribute of God" this morning.

right off the bat I realized this is where the hunger would be met. a simple, reminder of thoughts gone by and a deep longing for Holy.

"Aquaint now thyself with Him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee." Job 22:21

I read somewhere yesterday about one who had a moment with the father. a moment that turned into moments. I read and became envious. got busy with stuff and it slipped into memory.

this morning after time in the Word, standing in the shower I remembered that moment.
"Lord, I want that spontanious love for you that flows from my soul at un expected times in the day."

"You don't know me like that..."

as my heart stopped and I struggled for a breath...silence...then...

"but you can."

tears flooded my eyes.

not that I had not known this, but reality often has a way of taking our breath.

Jer 9:23-24
23 Thus says the LORD, " Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; 24 but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am the LORD who exercises lovingkindness, justice and righteousness on earth; for I delight in these things," declares the LORD.

I spend much time throwing rocks. hell, I figure that i deserve to be able to throw em. they have been thrown at me. mostly at the bride, more at people who claim to run the bride.

I am done with that.

I reslove to know Him.


Phil 3:7-11
7 But whatever things were gain to me, those things I have counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 8 More than that, I count all things to be loss in view of the surpassing value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them but rubbish so that I may gain Christ, 9 and may be found in Him, not having a righteousness of my own derived from the Law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith, 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death; 11 in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

like that...


like that.

2 comments:

Sojourner said...

wow, my thoughts exactly...

i have been reading through "Knowing God" and have begun discipleship training of sorts with my youth...

my youth group is small, but what they lack in width they make up in depth... they inspire me... they puzzle me... and they make me reach... they make me dig deeper because, from the short time i have spent with them, i believe they know their God...

so, as i embark on this path of discipleship with them, i wanted them to understand that the highest goal they can set in their lives is to know their God... so that they, and I, may embrace that goal that will capture every part of our being: mind, soul, imagination, alegiance, and bring it to submission and fruition under the creator of the universe...

i want to know Him like that... i want my family to know Him like that... i want my youth to know Him like that...

Gigi said...

What an amazing God...can I get an AMEN!!