12.23.2006

In Me...

I usually do a lot of reflecting around the holidays.

the fam is gathering. Lins and keith are here, TJ, Tara and Jackson will be here tomorrow. this will be the first time in a while we will be together on Christmas day. time gets split with in laws...you know how it is.

the boy grows with each passing day. amazing. I love giving him stuff. I love listening to him. talking to him. I want to show him everything. I wish he could be closer. if it were up to me I would spend everyday with him. looks like there will be another boy here next summer. awesome.

as I have read through the majority of the NT in the last few days, something has been rumbling across the hallowed areas of my soul.

i spend a lot of time teaching the spiritual disciplines as a tool that keeps us in the "use me Pile" of Gods tool box. foundational thinking that has been the cornerstone to early church fathers and teachers.

I have realized that I tend to put on scripture what it does not put on itself (Bible). I tend to put on me what scripture does not put on me, nor did Jesus. these things are certainly not useless weights that are hindrances. rather they are good solid attitudes and actions we can incorporate into our lives now that we have them available to us.

but doing is not being.

and being does not require much doing...else it would be do and not be.

what I am realizing is this...

Paul reminded me as I read through Collosians yesterday. "Christ in you, the hope of glory."

we need more emphasis in Christ in us. we need to be more in tune with Christ in us. we need to be more concerned with the fluidity of Him in us and living out of that. to go where he leads, say what he nudges, stop when he says stop, help when he says help, cry when we see need, laugh when we see, but always listening, yearning, longing. I read "lovesick steps" somewhere.

there is so much more that we have not tapped into, so much more we can let go of, so much less to be concerned about, so much of Him in us...

to dwell in the shadow of the Almighty.

in me, over there, right here, at home, at the church building, on my harley, in my car...

in me.

in me.

in me.

"when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman under the law, so He could redeem those who were under the law."

now, the reality of sacred is closer, more tangible, more sacred.

now, the fam is more sacred.

now, the reality and portion of service becomes more precious.

now. in me.

today. in me.

tom morrow. in me.

in you?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i see you are headed, through the narrow way, to the other side... just as i knew you would.