7.22.2005

Legacy



Life is different when you understand a few things. The following is what I have learned after a weekend with my now walking Grandson...Jackson.

-I hurry way to much
-Living in the moment is more than a saying...It is truly a gift.
-Communication is still basically about pointing and grunting.
-The son of my son. He will be a better father than I was.
-I will be a better grandfather than mine was. Why? Cause I want to.
-Funny, I did not think at all about the post modern, emerging or traditional church. I thought about his place in the Kingdom. Him knowing the God of his father and his grandfather.
-I want 10 grandkids.

The issues that clouded my mind for so long mean nothing now. Not because I do not think they were important, but because they were misguided efforts at a revolution.

Jesus spoke to me this week end..."The revolution you seek is one of the heart, and it begins in your heart, and the hearts of your family. Teach them, teach them to teach their children. There was only one man who did it all, and it was not you...It was Me."

Legacy. This is mine.

3 comments:

Panmillennial said...

Blessings and Honor, Glory and Power be to the Acient of Days!
You have truly blessed me with this post. My oldest is going to be in my youth group in 10 months. Time is not my friend. It slips away too fast. God Bless you Bro!

jimmy said...

Awesome Jeff! That's beautiful man! My 4 year old and 1 year old blow me away. They humble me with their wide eyed sense of wonder and awe at the things that you and I take for granted because we're in a hurry to our next meeting or whatever...

a revolution of the heart

good stuff.

Anonymous said...

MAN OH MAN.......... I am moved by this particular blog installment. I can't even speak so I'll let curly do the talkin on this one.

" You city folk are all alike, you spend all year gettin your rope tied up in knots and then come out here thinking you can untie em all" So whats it all about then curly?

"It's about one thing, you find that one thing and the rest of it don't mean s..."

Congratulations, God bless, and AMEN