2.09.2009

28 thoughts from 28 years with 1 woman








Feb 14 is the 28th anniversary of my marriage proposal to my wife Sheri. as scattered, here are a few thoughts that have been running through my mind...




1. wow! 28 years! guess we proved them wrong huh babe?




2. as rough as it was early, it is that much better now.




3. it scares me how bad i suck with out you.




4. it is gonna be fun getting old(er) with you.




5. i love watching you with the grand kids. your eyes sparkle as you play with them, and they chase you around.




6. the way you look at me moves me deeply.




7. you still can't drive.




8. you are now a better cook than my mother...have been for a while. don't tell her.




9. it has been cool to watch you grow. you are not afraid of life anymore.




10. i enjoy being with you.




11. i love hearing you laugh.




12. i am still convinced you make up stuff i did not say.




13. you have always been a good mother.




14. "when you are around you take my blues away"




15. i wish i could give you more jewelry, although you have never asked for any.




16. you are an example of a good friend. others are seemingly drawn to you.




17. you have always been supportive. even when you did not have to.




18. it has always amazing to walk into a room with you.




19. when i pick you up from work, i love it that you smile when you see the car.




20. thank you for the memories.




21. i will never forget the first time i kissed you.




22. what do you want for supper tonight?




23. thanks for being loving about how i lost all that time at church, and reminding me not to do it again.




24. i like watching you sleep.




25. you smell good.




26. there has been lots of pain in our lives. but if changing that would change who we are now, then i would not change anything.




27. when we get old(er) and retire, i am not going to let you drive.




28. i love you Sheri. i love you more now than ever. i love being married to you, i love that you are truly my best friend, i love how you take care of me when i am sick, how you make me feel like a man, how you understand me, how you know me, i love how you love Jesus, i love how you wake me up in the morning...but mostly, i am still in love with you.

2 comments:

m&p said...

nice, real nice

Gigi said...

loved this...I'm stealing it btw...w/b 32 w/my man and I'm already working on my list.THANKS for the inspiration and here's to 28 more for you two.!!!!