11.13.2007

waiting


began reading Acts today. stopped dead in my thoughts, when Jesus told them to go to Jerusalem to wait.
more than anything i struggle with this. especially now.
but i wait.
for a mighty rushing wind?
for a burning bush?
for a still small voice?
for some huge earth shaking direction?
i wait.
frustration covers me like a winter blanket...heavy.
but, i wait.
we all know what happened in Jerusalem. they waited and the Spirit showed up and changed everything. impatience creeps up on me and i fight it off, killing it even. as it dies, one last scream..."what are you waiting for anyway?"
thought occurs to me...i really don't know. all i know is this...i was told to wait.
so. i wait.

3 comments:

sheri-baby said...

I will wait with you as long as it takes. . .I love you! The answer is coming I can feel it.

Gigi said...

praying for you as you wait....both of you in the waiting.

Panmillennial said...

The waiting is sometimes the good part Elijah. Wait till the river dries up and look for the widow. I can't wait to see what God is going to do.

Pan