3.29.2006

Naked room

we went to see a chick flik the other night. it was a bit funny. I laughed.

after the kid finally moves out, the dad takes his old room, and turns it in to his naked room. puts his stuff in there feeds his fish, dances around....all naked. free and exilerating comes to mind.

a place where the vulnerability of most, becomes the fredom of another.

I like that.

we all have certain places, or have certain relationships where the vulnerable become secure. fear fades and comfort floods in. just as we are. in all our glory.

deep in the caves of our souls, we long for acceptance and completeness. spouses deal with most of that, friends deal with other parts. My wife sees and knows a certain naked me. I got a few friends who know another naked me. we are all trying to get to a point where we are able to be who we really are with others. while it is not my desire to dance naked around a bonfire with most people, the desire to dance remains.

I am glad jesus knows the real naked me. the weird dances I do, the thoughts that pass through, the concerns that would not be shared with another, are laid out on the table in His presence.

Heaven is gonna be like that.a huge naked rom. where we see Him as he is, and he reveals to us who we are with him, and who were were with out him.

no tommy hilfiger, or abercrombie, or what ever style of clothing we tend to enjoy most to hide who we really are. just us in our glorified bodies in the presence of a glorified king.
no more hiding behind certain kinds of music, legalism, or even denominationism. just us...as david did, all undignified an stuff...buck naked before him.

it would be nice if we could rid ourselves of these things now. church would be a lot more fun, people would be a lot less hung up, and we could be who we were created to be. worshipers.

worshipers who are not concerned about status, plans that do not line up with his, worshipers who seek to share who he is, worshipers who actually worshiped for the sake of knowing Him rather than being consumers.

find a naked room. worship buck naked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danced Naked.....curtains mistakeingly open.....................No longer in the homeowners association

Thanks Man !

Gigi said...

This just got me good.....I love the journey and finding places that help me take the next step....or take it with me or are ahead or...I just love reading people and seeing how they love God...who knew...I didn't....I didn't know He was there just waiting for us to love Him and when we do we love others and Him more....it's a scary...weird...amazing journey....now I have this vision of a naked room...I love it!!