12.06.2005

Don't Give me no lines...


When she looked at me for the first time and smiled, she took something she has never given back. my heart. the first time she held my hand as we walked is forever etched in my mind.

When she hugged me, she hugged me with a true love. when she kissed her "sugar spot" on the bald spot on my face, she always smiled. OOOOEeeee was the word for the day.

her eyes have always been filled with a bit of innocence and beauty. a beauty that had escaped most. Since my first connection with her eyes only one has gotten close enough to look at the deep beauty that lies within.

She has been a daddy's girl since she was born. every step of the way, I wanted her to know she would never have to be afraid of being alone, afraid, worried about the acceptance of others and most of all, punks who would come looking for one thing but finding another/ she has been loved completely, taught what it means to love, follows her God, and inspite growing up in daddy's youth group, turned out pretty well.

I, we, have taught her the value of trust and faith in a big God. We have taught her the value of holiness and what it means to be a woman of virtue.

I have, and will always protect her from all that would harm or threaten. it is a fathers love.

I knew the day would come, we even prayed for the day to come, that the one man she dated would be the one she would marry. I am not yet sure this is him, but she is deeply in love with a young man who tenderly looks at her, and her face lights up. I knew it was coming, but I do not welcome it. not because of him, but becasue of the process.

I saw a picture of them together the other day. and for the first time, I did not see my little girl, I saw a young beautiful in love.

her face was radient, hopeful, full of dreams and longing, filled with the thought of completenness.

I recognize that look. I first saw it in her mother 25 years ago. on a sunny day in Lake Walk In Water, Sheri looked at me and I knew from that moment on, I would love her. her beauty has grown , her eyes are still full of that love for me, that hope for the future and excitement about the future.

I pray for my little girl, the love I have been allowed to share, the joy of a lifetime with another, the excitement of what has not been done or dreamed of. but most of all, I pray that those beautiful eyes will be filled with the love she so desires.

always my baby girl...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If she has met her one and only....if he is the one....he is one of the most blessed men on earth. She is gracious and patient and kind and will commit to him without reservation. She is a treasure.