9.05.2008

Why I ride a Harley

This is my Harley. I have named her Mavis. after Mavis Stapelton of the Stapleton singers. just for the way she sang "I'll Take You There." an old spiritual they made in the 70's i think.

in this picture, we are about to enter the famed Monument Valley in Utah and AZ. She is pack up and ready to go.

Mavis takes me there, whether it is to the cigar shop, Church, across the counrtry, mountain ranges, deserts or even to the local store. 24000 miles in 13 months. you figure out why i like it so much.

but why i ride is kinda complicated. the way i feel, the attitude...or maybe the marketing that is aimed at me.

"America, Please don't buy a Harley because it gets 50 MPG. MPG describes riding like biology describes sex. History has shaped this tank, not the whims of foreign oil. American workers pour their soul into it.
Let's chase sunsets whether gas is 6 bucks or 6 red cents.
let's ride to parties like rock stars.
Let's fill the tank that gives back more than we put in.
So Screw it, Let's Ride! Harley Davidson.

this pretty much sums it up, says it like i would, with attitude and a smirk across my face.
when the wind is in my face, the bugs are in my teeth, or the rain is soaked me to the bone.

i ride. i don't just got the shirt...i got the Harley.

so. let's ride!

No comments: