4.20.2008

beginings...kinda



been a while. not sure why, and not sure if i can do all that has happened justice here.

started the month chillin. tried to get my head and heart around what we were about to undertake. thought it may do me well to detox...but needing to detox meant that there was something there i did not need. wrong use of words. i did not need to detox. what i needed was focus.

what has happened has been a redirecting.

relationships have been strengthened and affirmed. vision has been expanded. freedom has moved in to my neighborhood. bags have been set down.

been with my mother, both my kids and my wife. traveled over 2500 miles by air and on my bike. 1500 on my bike alone. spent time with prince Jackson, princess Ava, and will meet and crown prince Porter as he arrives in a week or 2. my heart is full and filled with wonder.

today i worshipped at the first church i served in. where it all started. i am still amazed at the dignity the Pastor still holds. the office here is respected and honored. not so in some places. stories i heard in NC left me sad at how people treat ministers.

after a week in Charlotte, it is still difficult to unpack all that was shown me and taught me. L has been gifted with the ability to deal with issues we seldom talk about. the fervor in which the job at hand was tackled was amazing to watch, and more than amazing to experience. i am a different man now than i was.

i have learned that there are few activities i enjoy more than dialogue with friends and a good cigar. both were enjoyed this week. not only enjoyed but ear marked as one of the best.

i have realized that my wife is my right arm. i miss her dearly. this time is difficult, but will be over soon.

i leave for California the first week of May.

it's on now.

No comments: