11.15.2006

stolen gates




reflection on the visit of my son and his family usually happen when I view the pictures we take. I always smile. both my kids are married now. both are blessing us with children. both are great spouses.

I am an awesome grandfather.

Sheri snapped this picture. I thought of his future.

funny. someone actually stole the gate. it is not there. there is no hinderance to the exit. but he knew how far he could go based on several reminders from daddy. so he sits and watches what could be.
what should be. in his mind, he knows he should be out there...living, playing, seeking and exploring. he knows in his heart. he wants it...desires of a 2 1/2 year old are fresh, innocent, primal. they see it, like it, and want it.

my earnest prayer is that we never replace the gate in his life.

my hope is that he never stops at a hinderance, but fights through, contantly seeking, knocking, asking. wow...that sounds familiar.

somwhere along the line most adults stop at the gate. never quite experiencing all God has for us. not quite feeling the exileration of the wind, the sound of freedom.

someway I want to be part of that journey for him. standing beside his father, encouraging after the fall, promising it won't hurt long, dusting off the dust.

this is my legacy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

encouraging the barbarian.....You go Grandpa...that's the legacy we want to leave as well...praying for the faith to do it...thanks for this vision