7.29.2008

washing her with the Word



this picture has nothng to do with the story...but it looks like Ava is saying "hmm, this popop guy is pretty awesome."


there has been some concern in my heart about my spiritual leadership with my wife. it seems that we have been on a valley hilltop deal for a while. one on the hill and other in the valley.


we both spend the time we should in the word and in prayer, but time together as a couple has always been difficult. there are reasons and excuses, but they don't seem to cut it.


she gets up at the butt crack of dawn, i stay up late. so what do we do?


i had a friend remind me of something a few weeks ago. 15 years ago someone spoke some wisdom into our lives we had walked with for a bit, but it never really took.


my prayer was God would wake me early so as to begin a new tradition. reading the word over my wife. no explanation, no discussions, just letting the word do what it does. wash us.


it was cool. it was amazing. it was intoxicating. very addictive. we sat in the presence of our magnificent God and were cleansed by his word.


taking my responsibility to disciple my wife seriously. not lording it over her, but taking her by the hand in honor and walking with her. so we both can be together at the same place at the same time.


should be cool.

1 comment:

Justin Ashcraft said...

Hey Jeff,

I actually found you by searching blogger for posts about LCBC. You had made one so I kept reading your blog.