7.27.2008

mid life awakening

i have heard stories how some guys get to their 40's and later and look back at their life and decide they have lost something. they leave their families, buy sports cars, have affairs, try and regain some glory fro a life they think they had as a high school kid, or college.

i am at that place.

i have looked back and what i have seen is the hand of a holy God leading, guiding and loving me into situations that have changed me.

becoming. that is the best way to describe it.

raw faith has come to rest in me. there is a communion that is intoxicating and captivating. he speaks when i wake, giving me thoughts for the day, what to read, what to think on, what to act on.

this God who has pursued me has become more than a visit to a church, more than a prayer, more. he is consuming me. and i am watching me burn.

no mid life crisis here.

more like an awakening, an understanding of what is at stake. lest we forget there is a battle raging.

mediocrity is no longer an option. passion has replaced apathy. i don't talk about how to do church, or how to get people to come so i can give them what i think they need...rather, i talk about the intoxicating presence of my father in everything.

my discussions involve action rather than theory. my prayer is with expectancy not duty.

somewhere along the line i became typical. i hate that word.

1 comment:

m&p said...

cool blog, I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts