6.18.2008

Women, go figure

every now and then, there are moments in a marriage that make some folks re think the whole deal. some times, these moments happen after years of build up and it finally spills over.

in my case, it happened this afternoon in a seemingly normal setting. my bike is in the shop getting serviced, so i had to take my wife to work, so i could use the car to attend a meeting.

after the meeting, a good meting by the way, with a man of vision and passion, rather than talking about doing church...we talked about God invading the lives of people...anyway, i digress.

after the meeting, i had to go get my wife. for me, the moment was when i saw her walking across the parking lot. she saw me and she smiled. she smiled all the way to the car.

at that moment, just one of thousands through our 27 year marriage, i knew i was with the woman God had created just for me. He knew her in her mothers womb. he knows the number of hair on her head. and he knew she would love me, and i would love her.

our roles have been reversed now. i stay home trying to get a new work going and she gets up and goes to work. not easy for my male machismo, not easy at all. but for her, she is full of grace and understanding, love and support.

when she smiles, i melt.

she smiles a lot.

2 comments:

sheri-baby said...

I love you so much! You make me smile!

jimmy said...

You guys are so cute! Katie and I just celebrated our 10th anniversary. It's encouraging to hear that you guys are still goo goo over each other! ;-)