6.02.2008

Recap of the trip of a life time...



here is a recap of the trip...location only, stories will follow...soon!

Jensen Beach FL to Lake Wales FL

Lake Wales FL to Gainesville FL

Gainesville FL to Lake Wales FL

Lake Wales FL to Charlotte NC

Charlotte NC to Graceville FL

Graceville FL to Leesburg FL

Leesburg FL to Gainesville FL (Porter is born)

Gainseville FL to Lake Wales FL

Lake Wales FL to Lucedale MS

Lucedale MS to Gainseville TX

Gainseville TX to Amarillo TX

Amarillo TX to Farmington NM

Farmington NM to Monument Valley Utah, Monument Valley AZ then to Kingman AZ

Kingman AZ (flat tire) to Tonapah NV

Tonapah NV to South Lake Tahoe CA

South Lake Tahoe Ca to Salina City Utah

Salina City Utah to Lamar CO

Lamar CO to Fort Smith AR

FT Smith AR to Statesville NC

Statesville NC (met Sheri) to Harrisonberg VA

Harrisionberg VA to Elizabethtown PA, where we currently have lived for 7 days. all these miles add up to 9800 miles on my bike alone since March 31. included in here are two flights from Orlando FL to Philadelphia PA to visit for 5 total days in April to see my wife.

i did not make it to the coast like i planned. my time in Tahoe was more important. my friends taught me a great deal while i was there and i felt it more important to stay there.

i also cut my trip short. i had planned on going across the top and seeing Rushmore and Sturgis, but i realized after i came through the Rockies, i missed my wife. from March the 10 till May 21, we had only seen each other for 5 days. i had had enough of that.

i have resolved to take a trip like this each year. hopefully i can take someone with me each time. sharing the ride with another person would have been great. we are blessed to live in a beautiful country. from deseerts, to mountain ranges, to lush praries. you owe it to yourself to go see it.

all in all, there are no regrets about the trip. it has inspired me to begin writing a book, which will be available, i am sure, sometime before my demise many years from now.

thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Count me in! It just needs to be in June and July next year. Can't wait to hear the details.

Brent Jones