8.18.2007

rain gear


two weeks ago, i got caught in a rain storm on my new bike. making a memory is all well and good, but the actual situation can be a pain. rain drops pelted my face and water made its way into every crevice and saturated every part of my body. when i arrived at the Harley store, i was dripping wet. i don't think i had ever been so wet.

my rain gear was at home. dry.

as i stood there in the parking lot, water flowing from me, and pouring out the flood that had gathered in my boots, an astute bystander asked if i had got caught in the storm. i just looked at him as i twisted out the water in my shirt.

my rain gear was at home. dry

similarly, this week, i was caught in another storm of sorts.

when we actually ask, seek and knock, our great God gives of himself to those who would "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

the storm came all at once.

there was no part of me that did not get drenched with the Spirit. all that I am had become soaked with His presence.

and me caught with out a hindrance and wall.
and me caught without any covering.
and me caught under the fountain that flowed from the throne of the creator.

our own understanding is where we get dried up.

somewhere we think we have it all figured out. we become the apple of our eye. we justify our actions and attitudes with what we want and where we want to go. the world has had enough of our understanding. the world needs his understanding. not ours.

his understanding. his outlook and his way. his cause his desires and his purpose.

have a seat. break out the word. take off the protective gear. get vulnerable. ask, seek and knock. get wet. then shake off the excess on to someone else.

1 comment:

Gigi said...

Thanks for this .....

our own understanding is where we get dried up.