12.11.2005

The Return of the Prodical

you know the story.

today it was mine. we came home today. after wandering in the wilderness, wasting time and effort to get away from the father's provision and protection, seeking to be parted from the herd, trying to create my own idea of who She should be. but today...The Spepard met us back where we started...in His fold, back as official sheep, in His gates.

Joing a fellowship of believers is not as big a deal as it used to be. but for us it is huge. not becasue others were bad, not becasue others did not do it right, not becasue the people were wrong or right. but because it is where He brought us to. each step of the way, we can see His guiding hand.

I believe in the leadership. it has been a while since I could say that. I trust them. I see Jesus in their eyes. I see humility and faith in their actions. I see hope, vision and authentic purpose. and it looks good. We will support them in every way.

the events of today will some and go as just another day in the lives of a million people. but to me, it is when I came home to Her...the bride.

I have missed her. longed for Her, desire Her from afar. cheated on Her, and talked about Her. But it is through Her His will shall be carried out. and it is with this thought in mind, I stand to be counted a faithful member of this local body of believers, Jesus followers and worshipers of the Most High God.

There is so much to be done. But for this day, I am glad to be where i belong...In the Church.

1 comment:

lee said...

dude...

congrats, what a feeling it is to be home...again...

i'm sure you'll remain un-housebroken tho...

hopefully...