5.11.2005

"get it on, get it on, bang a gong'

There is not much of a spring time here.
it went from cool to freaking hot. 10am and you better be looking for a shade tree or headed to the beach.

anyway, I was coming back to work from a lunch meeting, yes, work...I stopped at a what seemed like an eternity at a red light and T-Rex tickled my ears. I began swaying and bobbing back and fro to the beat of this classic, and as I usually do, began to look around to see if any one was watching. In front of me, to both sides and to the rear were all moving to the groove of a song they had in the car. It was a cool site as a couple of us met eyes and realized it was summer time and we were rocking out.

made me think.

we all have a song we love to sing out loud to. We all have certain things that make our bad days seem just a bit better, our bad moods lighten up just a bit.

today it was music that bridged a connection.

I long for the day when our Faith in Jesus becomes that connection.

when we can look at a brother and know there is a connection. A Spiritual connection. A commonality. A sameness.

anybody out there?
any gong bangers?

let's get it on!

"dirty sweet you're my girl."

1 comment:

Panmillennial said...

Sorry dude, I don't bang a gong; I'm a head-banger!
The song that does if for me more than anything is cum on feel the noise by quiet riot! I'm glad God loves us all. I want that connection also. I think it's coming soon, but i fear it will be a little different. I think soon that Christianity will be illegal and we will have to go back to the Ichthys to know who's saved.

hey bro, get sheri to call deb and let's get together this weekend.

CyaL8tR,
Pan