8.24.2006

Saute'ed in wrong sauce

the word that seems to be bouncing off the rubber room of my distorted straight jacket mind as of late is agenda.

we all seem to have one.

we all want to think that ours lines up with His will and His way. it is as He seems to have chosen certain folks with out letting the rest uf us know that they have been made the spokes person.

we have several agendas here at our church. you probably do not have anyone like that in your church, but I live and minister in SE FL, where as I have learned as of late, the crazy train has it's final stop. sack full of crazy has either washed up on our beaches or been kicked off the lat stop on the line.

funny though.

those who would speak for Him about their agenda's rarely are interested in the salvation of others and the growth of the saints. but their ideas seem to be personal. thoughts of gain and thoughts of status and thoughts of well...greed tend to drive such agendas.

we as a church are attempting to herd all the dividing agendas into a coral. you know...kinda like a rest stop on the crazy train.

when all the opposing agendas are finally gathered together and the differences are finally dealt with and the focus has been restored, well Jesus will probably come back by then.

I went home for lunch today. as I walked in, I could smell the onions, green peppers, garlic and olive oil cooking. the smell permiated the entire place.

last night, our semi final fear factor for students involved them eating cow tongue that had been cooked in various spices. along with sardines, dog food, pickeled pigs feet, this left an odor that brought me to the brink of hurling on several occations through out the evening.

the stench of those who would put their own agandas ahead of the owner operator of the Church smells worse. it seperates and divides. no matter how much we try to gather de-odorizers and sprays that cover up the smell, it still stinks.

talk about wrong sauce.

3 comments:

Gigi said...

The point of the journey is to want what God wants MORE than anything. Larry Crabbe

counterintutitive to say the least....and yet He knows our hearts and ....

just keep pointing the way....

Panmillennial said...

Amazing how God works. I just read your email to me from Nov. 3. I have been studying the Church Fathers for the last month. If the offer still stands I would love to write in the dead theologians column. Hope God is blessing with the new son in law.

Pan

Anonymous said...

Amazing how God works. I just read your email to me from Nov. 3. I have been studying the Church Fathers for the last month. If the offer still stands I would love to write in the dead theologians column. Hope God is blessing with the new son in law.

Pan