11.26.2005

The Darkness

Darkness fell. all that was light was covered as my eyes struggled to adjust to the vast emptiness that seemed to pounce on me as a preditor waits for his prey. unprepared for what came and from where it came.

breath seems fleeting. thoughts race searching for understanding, reason.

sweat oozes from my pours. my skin feels hot. I am in flee mode for fear of being caught...but from what?. sounds become louder and closer.

my heart scrambles to keep up with the pace that has quickened becasue of what feels like somekind of attack from the outside. breath is deeper but shorter as I prepare to flee from what ever awaits. I can hear my breathing, hear my heart, feel it in my throte as the quickened pace contiues.

emotion breaks loose as a prisoner held in a dam that has broken and floods my soul. raw emotion. ancient fear from questions I dare not ask yet cannot seem to run away from.

Light breaks through. but I look at the Light from below as if in a box. the Light can be seen but not enjoyed. am I gonna die?

I look up...and there I am. sitting on the edge of my bed looking in the mirror and face to face with the beast that is me.

what the hell just happened to me?

1 comment:

lee said...

dude,

i can't say how many times i've read this...

& i still don't know how to respond...?

any more insight?